Credentials, Education and Affiliations
As a Master Certified Personal and Executive Coach, I enjoy a successful coaching business from my home in Virginia, where I design and deliver coaching programs, coach mentoring, and training to support individuals, teams, organizational business initiatives, and personal growth.
Currently, I am a consultant with Korn Ferry, the preeminent authority on leadership and talent. Former affiliations and alliances include: member of the Ken Blanchard Company coaching team, faculty of Adler International Learning (one of the leading coach training organizations in the world), director and faculty member of the Academy for Coach Training, and faculty member at Erickson College. Through these partnerships, I have served as a mentor coach to hundreds of coaches.
I'm a proud member of the Worldwide Association of Business Coaches (WABC). WABC is the only international professional association dedicated exclusively to the business coaching industry. WABC represents all types of external and internal coaches working with businesses, organizations and governments. As the only association of its kind with membership admission and renewal standards, WABC differentiates professional from unqualified practitioners.
As a member of the following organizations, I continually demonstrate my commitment to the coaching profession:
- International Coach Federation (ICF) - member for 12 years, currently serving on the global Credentialing Committee and am active in the Metro DC Chapter
- The Leadership Difference (www.coaching.com), A Ken Blanchard Company
- Coachville and Graduate School of Coaching
- Worldwide Association of Business Coaches (WABC)
- Past board member of Association of Coach Training Organization
- International Association of Coaches
- Organization Development Network (ODN)
Corporate and Business Experience
Past experience includes management positions in the corporate world as well as assisting entrepreneurs and businesses. I bring my business experience to the coaching relationship, including management positions in the corporate world and over fifteen years in training and development, organization development, and change work.
I've partnered with small businesses, health care, and large corporations to help them define goals, create plans, identify work processes, develop teams, improve communication and relationships, and to maximize human potential. Some of the client companies that I've worked with are:
- American Express Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- State Farm Insurance
- Parker-Hannifin Weyerhaeuser
- The Environmental Protection Agency
- StarPower Systems
- Salt Lake Community College
- Intelligence Communities (Federal Government)
Business Management Coaching Programs, Services and Resources
The extensive knowledge I've gain through my experience in business, operations, and the Training and Organization Development fields provide resources that I blend with coaching.
I offer coaching for executives, leaders, coaches, teams, and businesses using models and inventories designed for improved communication, performance management, exploring personality differences, and strategic planning and growth, such as the following programs I am certified in:
- InventoryINSIGHT® Team
- Development Selling with INSIGHT
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Benchmarks 360
- DiSC (Behavioral assessment)
- Workplace Motivators (Values)
- EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
- PTSI (Personal Talent Skills Inventory)
- TriMetrix HD (Job Benchmarking)
I've interfaced with a number of businesses supporting their training, organizational development and performance management efforts.
Seen on Fox TV, I'm also a contributing author to two books - A Guide to Getting it: Self Esteem and A Guide to Getting It: Remarkable Managment Skills. As described in my chapter for the Self Esteem book, I see the tremendous and magical positive differences coaching has made in my own life as well as the lives of many clients and coaching students.
In addition to being quoted in an article concerning career changes for InfoWorld, I have been interviewed numerous times about coaching and the techniques I use. Giving presentations to a number of societies and groups contributes to my balance, fulfillment, and commitment to professional and community organizations.